Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fuck you mother nature

Seriously..the menstrual cycle is a horrible thing. Before my period started, I was burning off nearly or all of my calories by spinning and was losing about 1 pound a day. On the day I started my period (Wednesday), I gained 2oz from the day before, even after burning off ALL of the calories I ate that day. Saddened, but not deterred, I continued to burn the majority of my calories on the spin bike. My weight didn't move until yesterday morning, when I only lost 2oz. Today, I finally made a bigger jump down to 132.0, so my weight ticker is finally accurate. Hooray! I just can't believe my period built up such an obstacle. I was on track to be 129 by yesterday, if my period hadn't intervened. But now I think I'll be there by Monday.

I must admit I've been a bit of a muncher these past few days, with my weight not moving and these random sweet/salty cravings I get on my period. On Thursday, I went down to Princeton with my parents to see my new apartment and visit an old friend from middle school who's also living in the area. We ate at a restaurant for lunch, and I was good and had a spinach salad. But after lunch, we got apple cider donuts from the farmers' market right across the street from the restaurant. I ate two. They weren't even that great. Then my friend brought us to the House of Cupcakes, which won on Food Network's Cupcake Wars. I got a key lime pie cupcake and a red velvet cupcake. I ate the key lime cupcake when we got home. I flushed the red velvet cupcake down the toilet yesterday to avoid eating it. Also today I've been snacking much more than I would like. Way too many carbs so far today, and it's only 4pm. I'm already at 1,300 calories. Yes, yes I've been a muncher. But at the end of the day, around 11pm at night when my parents go up to bed, I always come down to the TV room and jump on my spin bike to burn everything away. I'm going to only eat 100 more calories today (1/2 an apple and 1 roasted seaweed snack), after burning 1,200 on the bike. So net 200 for today. Keep it going!

I even turned down the opportunity to go back to the Vineyard with my Dad on the 13th, because I didn't want to mess up my progress. There's no spin bike up there...I'm just sooo close to being back in the 120s. I feel so isolated and anti-social, but this is what I want. I'll do my best not to go over 800 tomorrow, my butt's getting sore haha!

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment